Michael Sullivan's Next Book is Due in April . . .

Hollow World Extended Preview - Michael J. Sullivan

. . . but the first four chapters are out there to get you in the mood.  And they did.  Get me in the mood, I mean.  Oh, and did I mention, he made it Time Travel?!

Here is an an excerpt from his Author's Note:

"Time travel as described in this novel isn't possible.  It's important to mention this upfront.  I'm not saying 'don't try this at home.'  I'm simply clarifying that this is as much a work of fantasy as it is science fiction -- but then again most science fiction has a touch of fantasy thrown in, that artificial 'what if' spark that ignites the action that propels everything forward. . .

. . . ('Time Machine' by H. G. Wells) wasn't so much about the machine or the science behind it, but rather speculations on the future of mankind.  So is 'Hollow World.' . . . as I said, time travel of the sort required for this story isn't possible -- at least in an urban garage.  I fudged the math -- a lot.  I aimed for a dramatic blend of facade, plausibility, and smoke-and-mirrors illusion so that if you don't look too closely you can almost imagine it working.

Like H. G . Wells tale, 'Hollow World' isn't about time travel anymore than reality TV shows are documentaries. . .

So what is this world about? Read on -- a world awaits."

And after devouring the first four chapters, i can easily imagine it working and I am eagerly waiting for the rest of his world.