WOW. I have 300 followers.

thanks to HFK's "Find New People to Follow" campaign, I finally got to the nice round number of 300, no wait, 303.  So YAY,

and welcome new followers.  I'm so glad you're here -- new and more established members..  You've brightened my newsfeed these last few weeks.

when you're following me, here's what you're dealing with:

A link to my Profile Page from two years ago when I first set up on BL.  It's still mostly true.

my star ratings:  I think 2-1/2 stars is the exact midpoint and is a perfectly acceptable read.  I expect more than half the books I read will fall above the mid-point, but that's because the odds are skewed that way.  I don't intentionally pick up a book I expect to dislike.  At the same time,  that doesn't necessarily mean I won't read a book two-starred by someone else.  Your two-star read might be my four star read, and vice versa.

My reviews aren't reviews so much as mid-book observations, or sharing of passages that I love.  Sometimes, at the end, I will compile them in to some semblance of a review.

I follow all kinds of people: diverse and eclectic -- that's what I like.

then this get to know me questionnaire:

Before you started this survey, what were you doing?

Catching up on the last eight hours of  BL activity.

Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line four. Transcribe it here.

Frowning a little, I asked, "And how long would that be?"

(Susanna Kearsley's A Desperate Fortune.)

What's the most recent thing you watched on TV?

eight hour binge watch of my guilty pleasure, So You Think You can Dance, U.S. version.  All the auditions through the Top 20.

-- Team Street!

(one of the few things that is capable of keeping me away from BL for such a length of time.)

After eight hours of watching, I had lost three pounds!  -- I've been (sort of) trying to lose twelve pounds since May, and this was the first progress I made; exercise by osmosis I guess. Sweet!

What's the most recent movie you saw at the theater?

Terminator Genesys

And yes I'm ready for the next movie.  Gotta know, who sent this one back.

Without looking, guess what time it is.                 9:15

Now look at the clock. What is the actual time.  9:43. (Time flies when you're having fun.)

Do you remember your dreams? Do you write them down? Used to, and they used to be vivid and I used to love them. But my nighttime dreams went away.  I miss them, hope they come back someday.  I didn't write them down, but I usually shared them with someone.

Socks, shoes, or bare feet?  Shoes

Do you untie your shoes before taking them off?

Mostly I wear slip-ons, but if I have to tie my shoes, I always untie them to remove them.  (Does anybody know -- is the answer to this question indicative of anything meaningful?)

If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would be the first thing you'd buy?

A new facility for the out-dated, unsanitary and unsafe animal shelter where I volunteer.  It's uncomfortable for the animals, inconvenient for the employees, and unwelcoming to potential adopters.

Who made the last incoming call on your phone?

my Mom

To whom did you send your last text?

my husband

Did you take the pledge? Do you keep it?

no, no pledge, but I never text while I'm driving.  I don't think it takes a pledge to understand that doing so is unsafe, stupid, and shows a blatant unconcern for the safety of others.

Do you remember the last time you got a personal letter by snail mail? When was it and who was it from?

Yes, in June, when a very nice lady from my parents' church sent me a birthday card, along with a historical item of interest about the city we moved to three years ago. I responded to her, and bless her heart, she wrote to me again.  We might keep this up for awhile.

What were you doing at midnight last night?

reading the last BL update for the day, and getting ready to turn in. Truly, my life does not revolve around BL.  It only seems like it does.

What's your usual wake-up time? Five-ish to six-ish.

Do you like to get up at that time, or do you have to get up at that time?

it's not a bad time for me, but I would probably sleep in a little longer, if creatures didn't think it was time to do things with them now.

Walk around your house. How many stacks of books do you have that are not in bookcases?

7.  Each stacks has from four to twelve books.

Listen to music? Or make your own music?  Listen

What book(s) are you reading this week?

A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd; A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley; Some Girls Bite, by Chloe Neill

Dinner -- dine in, or go out?

Dine in.  My husband is a great cook, and he makes almost anything better than can any restaurant in our uninspired dining town.  we go out when he doesn't feel like cooking, but I almost always feel cheated by whatever food selection I choose.

if we are traveling, though, I love trying new eating venues.

Favorite flavor combinations:

Chocolate and coffee; chocolate and raspberry; chocolate and orange; chocolate and peach; triple chocolate; pizza.

Prepper? Or not a prepper?

Mild prepper.  We have the emergency bag ready to go if we need to evacuate, but other than that, we will be in trouble.

Do you have a Hogwarts House? Which is it?  Gryffindor

Did you let the hat tell you? Or did you tell the hat?

I might have helped it along a little.

Dracula? Or Frankenstein?

Dracula

Favorite Quote you try to live by?

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. -- Martin Luther King Jr.

and as a Rule, the Golden one is hard to beat.