British / American English

The Doomsday Code - Alex Scarrow

so I knew that Americans call modern handheld lighting devices "flashlights," while Brits call them "torches."


but now we're in twelfth century England, and the oil-rag-wrapped wooden lighting devices are being referred to as "flashlights." (Americans would call them torches.)


does that seem right to y'all?