Proof that the impact of Rowling’s novels isn’t limited to the pleasure it gives readers

Right before Christmas, Warner Bros. quietly gave “Harry Potter” fans what was, for some of them, a long-wished-for gift. In a letter to Andrew Slack, the founder of the Harry Potter Alliance, Joshua Berger, the company’s president for Harry Potter Global Franchise Development, announced, “By the end of 2015, and sooner when possible, all Harry Potter chocolate products sold at Warner Bros. outlets and through our licensed partners will be 100-percent UTZ or Fair Trade certified.”

Apparently the Harry Potter Alliance and J. K. Rowling have several Human rights and political projects they are in the process of tackling.

I've recently become aware of the fact that much of the world's chocolate is produced by means of human trafficking and child slavery.  Hershey's and Nestle's are not compliant.  I definitely need to find a new source for baking cocoa.  I have my fingers crossed that Lindt makes the list.  I love those Lindors truffles.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2015/01/13/how-harry-potter-fans-won-a-four-year-fight-against-child-slavery