Opening on Christmas Day

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption - Laura Hillenbrand Angelina Jolie's: Notes from My Travels: Visits with Refugees in Africa, Cambodia, Pakistan and Ecuador - Angelina Jolie, Caspian Tredwell-Owen

Having resided far away from any family members, there were some Christmas Days where part of our tradition (my and my husband's) was to cook an excellent Christmas dinner for two and and then see a movie. I loved those holidays.

Now we live within driving distance of several family groups and so our day usually involves getting together with them instead.  I love those too, but sometimes I experience a bit of nostalgia for the other way.

this Christmas, the movie Unbroken, directed by Anjelina Jolie, and authored by Laura Hillenbrand, will be premiered.

I haven't read the book yet, but I did read the Vanity Fair Article which interviewed Anjelina Jolie regarding her second directorial experience.  It was an awesome article.

"I often ask her about the next chapter in her life… Beyond such creative passions, I sense another, possibly even brighter one on the horizon. Will she eventually go in to politics?… Jolie usual usually laughs off such questions. She says she still wants to write and direct. But her trajectory is clearer the more she expands her own projects to promote human welfare worldwide.

'When you work as a humanitarian, you are conscious that politics have to be considered,' she says. . . 'If you really want to make an extreme change, then you have a responsibility'. She catches herself, however. 'But I honestly don't know in what role I would be more useful – – I am conscious of what I do for a living, and that could make it less possible.'"

I had previously passed the book by  because -- World War I, but now have decided it's a must read, along with Jolie's biography.  And the first movie directed by her, In the Land of Blood and Honey is now a must see.  (Although it will have to be a different day than Christmas.)

Source: http://youtu.be/9Q-8VRxNuo8